Every business has bills to pay, and now ZipBooks makes it easy to keep track of those bills.
Here’s how to track bills:
- Log in to ZipBooks and select Transactions from the menu; then click Bills.
- Click the round green + button to add a new bill.
- Fill out the necessary information, including the Vendor, Bill or Reference #, Due date, and Date the bill was created.
- Change the currency type by clicking in the “$” field.
- Add the Items and Descriptions that the bill includes. To add more fields, click the green + Item button.
- Add Terms of the bill payment and Notes that apply.
- To add supporting documentation (receipts, PDFs, etc.), drag and drop them into the Attachments box, or click the round green + button to upload.
- Click the blue Save button at the top of the page.
That’s it! Now your bill is recorded. When you want to record a payment made to a bill, find it in your list, open it, and click on the blue Add Payment button at the top of the page.
If you have recurring bills (like monthly rent), you can keep track of them with Recurring Transactions.
Note: The Bills feature is great for keeping an eye on expenses that are not being paid immediately, but you don’t need to use it for every expense you enter.