If you're keeping track of outstanding Bills in ZipBooks, you'll want to log payments so you know once those bills have been paid.
Here's how to mark your bills as paid:
- Login to ZipBooks and select Transactions from the menu. Then Bills.
- Find the bill you're looking for and click on it.
- Click the Add Payment button at the top
- Enter the Date, Amount paid and Account the bill was paid from. Add any relevant tags and notes.
- Click Log Payment.
- Upload any relevant documents (like a receipt) by drag-and-drop or by clicking the green + button.
That's it! Now you have record of your payment and a bill to match your transaction history.
Note: You don't need to enter a bill for every expense transaction. Instead, the Bills function is primarily helpful to keep track of outstanding accounts payable (expenses that will paid in the future).