We’ve made Gusto our preferred payroll provider in order to offer a powerful integration to small business owners and accountants. Connect Gusto to your ZipBooks account for synced time entries and dead-simple reconciliation.
- Login to ZipBooks go to the Payroll menu.
- Click Log in to Gusto (or Sign up). You’ll be redirected to the Gusto login page.
- Once you’ve entered your login credentials click Authorize to allow ZipBooks to connect to Gusto.
- Verify the Gusto account you’re syncing with ZipBooks. Click Next.
- You’ll see a list of Gusto employees. For each employee, choose whether to Add to ZipBooks team as a new employee, Ignore in ZipBooks or Link to an existing team member. Click Next.
- Then, you’ll see a list of ZipBooks employees that are not currently listed in Gusto. Select whether you’d like to Add them to Gusto or Don’t Add. (Note: If any of your ZipBooks team members are already listed in Gusto as Contractors, select "Don't add to Gusto" to avoid duplicates).
- Finally, you’ll manage team member permissions. If you have other ZipBooks team members who should be able to manage all aspects of Gusto payroll, Mark them with a check. Click Done.
That’s it! You’ll be redirected to your Time & Pay page in ZipBooks where you can view employee hours and sync them back to Gusto for refreshingly easy payroll.
And accounting is a cinch too! Every time you run payroll, we'll create the transaction details in ZipBooks. Employee wages and paid taxes are automatically reflected in your financial reports for smarter business decisions.