When you bill the same customer for the same amount every month, you can add a recurring profile to bill your customer automatically, so you can set it and forget it.
Here’s how to add a new recurring profile:
- Sign in to ZipBooks and select Invoices from the menu.
- Click on Recurring Profiles on the left.
- Click on the round green + button toward the top right of the screen.
- A blank invoice will appear. Fill out all of the applicable information for your customer. For each line item you add, click the Gear icon (looks like a wheel) on the right side of the line to add tax and/or discounts to the item.
- In the Options box on the right, make sure the Live button is set to On.
- Choose a Start date, and then choose how often the bill Recurs (Weekly, Monthly, etc.) by clicking on the pencil icon, then Done.
- If you only want to bill this customer a certain number of times, put that number in the Max # box (then click Done).
- In the Billing options box, choose whether to turn on: Auto-bill (automatically charge credit card); Credit Card payments; PayPal payments; Sending invoices; Sending receipts; Include unbilled time and expenses (manage details by clicking Preferences).
- To automatically pull Time and Expenses that are billed to this customer, click the slider to On.
- Click the Save and Send button.
Your profile for this customer will now appear in the Recurring Profiles list. To Pause an active profile, simply slide the Live button to Off (either in the profile, or right from the list view). The word Paused will appear under Next Send Date.
Here’s how to create a recurring profile from a regular invoice:
- Log in to your account and select Invoices.
- Find the invoice for the customer you want to create a recurring profile for. Click on it.
- In the Options box to the right of the invoice, click on the Make Recurring button.
- Update any billing preferences and click Save.
That’s it! Use the Recurring Profiles list to turn a customer profile on or off, and see when an invoice is scheduled to be sent.