Whether you’re inputting expenses, transferring money between accounts, or recording a sale, adding transactions in ZipBooks is a snap!
Here’s how to add a new transaction:
- Log in to ZipBooks and select Transactions from the menu.
- Click the round green + button in the top right.
- Four buttons will appear. Choose the type of transaction you’d like to enter: Transfer, Deposit, Expense, or Custom.
- The Add Transaction window will open from the right. Fill in the applicable information, including Date, Name, Amount, Category (Supplies, etc.) and the Account associated with the transaction (Checking, Savings, etc.).
- If you need to divide the transaction among different accounts (Office Expense, and Supplies Expense, for example), click the Add Split button.
- Add Notes or Tags and Upload any attachments you’d like associated with this transaction.
- Click Save.
Your transaction is recorded!
If you’d like to add debits and credits manually, choose the Advanced View option in the top right corner of the screen after you choose the type of transaction you’re entering (this is where the double-entry happens).