Here’s how to record a partial payment:
- Log in to ZipBooks and select Invoices.
- Find the invoice that you received a payment for and click on it.
- Click the green Add Payment button above the invoice. The Log Payment window will appear.
- Choose the bank account the payment went to in the Paid to Account field, enter the Amount of the payment, the Date, Payment Method, Reference # and any Notes that apply.
- To send your customer a receipt for this payment, check the box at the bottom.
- Click Save.
If the amount you received was less than the amount due, you’ll see an orange label on the top left corner of the invoice that says “Partial,” and the amount still owing on the invoice will be reflected at the bottom.
The invoice will also be labelled “Partial” within your invoice list, so that you know the status at a glance.