When you select Contacts from the Menu in ZipBooks, it will show you a list of All contacts (regardless of who has paid you or whom you’ve paid). You can filter your contact list by Activity and Type or sort by Revenue, Expenses or Name.
Contacts become “Clients” when they pay you in ZipBooks; they become “Vendors” when you pay them in ZipBooks.
To add a new contact:
- Log in to ZipBooks and click on Contacts in the box on the left side of your screen.
- Click on the round green + button toward the top right corner of your screen.
- A New Contact window will slide in from the left.
- Add a Name, Contact Email, Address, and Phone Number.
- If this person is a contractor who you’ll be sending 1099s, check the 1099 contractor box.
- Click Save.
Voila! Your new contact is saved to your books. If you need to edit contact information at any time, just click the Gear icon to the left of their name.