This process applies to ZipBookers on the Accountant plan migrating data on behalf of clients. To learn how to migrate your own data, click here.
Moving client data from QBO to ZipBooks only takes a few minutes.
How to migrate data from QBO to ZipBooks:
1.From ZipBooks Accountant, click Clients.
2. Find the client you’re looking for and click the three dots to the right.
3. Select Migrate data.
4. The Import Transactions window will open.
If there are any transactions in already in the account, you’ll see a verification message confirming your import. Migrating or importing new data will only add to, never replace or delete data already in an account. Type “Import” to confirm (if necessary).
5. Select the Import type (“QuickBooks Online”) from the dropdown .
6. Then click the Connect QuickBooks button.
7. You’ll be redirected to the QBO sign-in page. Enter your login information and select the company you want to migrate.
8. Click Confirm.
9. You’ll be prompted to authorize Intuit to securely share your data to My Bookkeeping Reports. Click Connect.
The migration may take a few minutes to import (depending on the size of the account).
If you don’t have Quickbooks Online, you can also import transactions from a Quickbooks General Journal.
How to migrate data using QuickBooks General Journal:
- From ZipBooks Accountant, click Clients.
- Find the client you’re looking for and click the three dots to the right.
- Select Migrate data.
- The Import Transactions window will open.
- Select the Import type (“QuickBooks General Journal”) from the dropdown
- From your QuickBooks account, create a report for “Journal” (under Reports>For my accountant). Export the default report to Excel with the desired date ranges.
- Choose or drop the XLSX file in the window.
- Click Import
Once your transactions are imported through the Journal import, you’ll want to review your Categories. Custom categories will be assigned to “Ask my accountant.” Reassign the category to the correct parent category by clicking Gear icon.
Note: The Journal report only contains transactions that have been added or matched in QuickBooks. If you have transactions in QuickBooks that are still for review, they will not show up on the Journal report, but can be imported using the Standard transaction import.