ZipBooks makes it easy for customers to pay their invoices online, so you get paid faster! However, when your customers pay an invoice by cash or check, you’ll need to record that payment manually in your account.
Here’s how to record a manual payment:
- Log in to ZipBooks and select Invoices.
- Find the invoice you need to apply payment to and click on it (or create a new invoice, if needed).
- Click the green Add Payment button above the invoice.
- Choose the account the payment will go to in the Paid to Account field.
- Enter the Amount, Date, Payment Method, and any Reference number (like the customer’s check number). Add any Notes you need.
- Check the box to send a receipt to your customer.
- Click Save.
And you’re done! Now your invoice will be labelled "Paid" in your invoice list and on your reports.